- Donate maternity or children’s clothing in good condition to organizations that will redistribute them;
- Make a generous contribution to food bank campaigns with purchases particularly suited to young families: diapers, baby food, toiletries, healthy treats, excess produce from your garden and the like;
- Encourage the young people around you to remember the three R’s: reduce, recycle and reuse;
- Make young people aware of the need to protect the environment, and encourage them to get closer to nature in a variety of ways: open-air activities, gardening, nature walks and observation of flora and fauna;
- Sponsor a newcomer or an immigrant family to ease their integration into your community;
- Donate books to your local library, a school, a daycare or any other facility where you know they will be read and reread;
- Serve on the board of a community organization;
- Reduce the isolation of a parent or parents through a referral to a family organization, a breast-feeding group, a soup kitchen and so on;
- Provide financial or volunteer support to recreational programs for children, or encourage them to participate in sports activities;
- If you have the necessary knowledge, help out with a homework program;
- Develop any other idea likely to awaken interest and perhaps generate a contribution by or for young people.
Fondation Dufresne Gauthier
Making a difference, one project at a time.
Helping children to achieve their full potential.